Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As far as the NXT rebrand is concerned, WrestleVotes was told the day-to-day operations of NXT are still in the hands of Triple H, HBK, etc. It’s the look of the television product that will have Vince McMahon’s fingerprints on it.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer indicated that Vince’s side is taking over “the big picture stuff” in NXT. He heard the new NXT logo came from Kevin Dunn.
- After talking to people in WWE, Meltzer got the sense there was more blame on Charlotte Flair than Nia Jax for their match devolving into a shoot on Raw this week.
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian doesn’t believe that “travel issues” are the real reason the Andrade vs. PAC match was pulled from All Out. Meltzer is also skeptical, saying he thinks the match was pulled for the same reason that Sasha Banks is currently off WWE television.
- Following up on Britt Baker’s troll segment on Dynamite this week, Fightful was told that she has in fact recently signed an extension with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.