Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite it not being 90 days since his WWE release, there is a lot of speculation that Bray Wyatt will debut for AEW next week in Rochester, New York, which is Brodie Lee’s hometown.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the decision to main event this week’s Raw with the Roman Reigns triple threat match was made at noon on Monday. Vince McMahon heard great things about how the match was received on the weekend house shows, so he made a late change to Raw in order to maximize ratings.
- Meltzer also indicated that WWE doesn’t see Cameron Grimes as a main roster guy.
- Many people who attended AEW’s “Grand Slam” event in New York City described the situation regarding food and concessions as a disaster. Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian said the staff at Arthur Ashe stadium were “extremely unprepared” for such a large audience, with a few of them telling him they had no idea it would be a sell out.
- Following a recent claim from Adam Cole that people in NXT were interested in signing Britt Baker a few months ago if she was available, Fightful mentioned WWE never entered into formal contract talks with her, thereby avoiding any tampering issues. Baker has since signed an extension with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.