Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- AEW could debut a secondary women’s title soon, according to what Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian is hearing.
- Gran Metalik has requested his release from WWE, per Mas Lucha.
- TLC is scheduled for Sun., Dec. 19, says PW Insider. A host city & venue haven’t been confirmed yet.
- Fightful Select says plans changed as this week’s NXT went from script to screen, such as a backstage segment featuring several new female recruits that was pulled.
- In the latest sign WWE’s moving on from Triple H’s global territories plan, the company’s Japanese website is being shut down on Fri., Sept. 24. This comes a couple weeks after Japanese website Gamebiz reported that WWE was dissolving their Japan division.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.