Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In an interview with Barstool Rasslin’, Daniel Bryan said he told Kevin Dunn he wouldn’t use the “YES” chant in AEW.
- PW Insider says FOX will air a King of the Ring special the weekend of Oct. 1 and it will act as a preview for the return of the King of the Ring tournament.
- Fightful Select says Vince McMahon sent ideas to NXT for its future and those included potentially using stronger language and changing the gear women’s wrestlers wear, though it’s unclear what that means.
- Despite others refuting as much, including Alexa Bliss herself, both Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez have said there was a mass exodus during the Bliss/Charlotte Flair segment on Raw this week, with anywhere from 700 to 1500 fans leaving the show.
- Following up on the Observer saying Sami Callihan broke his ankle, PW Insider says he also broke his tibia and fibula and he’ll be out until mid-2022 at the earliest.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.