Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Triple H is doing well after his recent heart surgery, says Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Talent have been told they can call The Game to wish him well, but they’re not to talk WWE business if they do.
- According to Fightful, one reason why so many NXT contracts are coming up is because there wasn’t much incentive for top NXT stars to sign long-term with WWE two years ago when the company was offering new deals. The money being offered to NXT talent was “nowhere near” the main roster deals.
- According to PW Insider, Rosario Dawson’s appearance on this week’s Dynamite was “a Cody Rhodes deal.” It was such a closely guarded secret that very few people outside of “the most inner circle” in AEW knew about it.
- The WON also says the reason Chavo Guerrero was written off AEW television is because he’s the wrestling coordinator for Young Rock, which is now filming its second season. Once filming wraps, Chavo is expected back in AEW.
- Stephen Amell said on Instagram he’ll be at AEW’s Grand Slam show next week in Queens. Speculation obviously is that he’ll get involved with Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.