Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The decision to move the WWE title match to Raw was made “shortly after” last week’s episode, per Ringside News. Big E’s cash-in was decided on or after the Madison Square Garden SmackDown.
- A source told Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian WWE will continue pushing the NXT 2.0 name because “they want people to know this is a whole new NXT.”
- WWE has already talked about eventually doing “a passing-of-the-torch type moment at a WrestleMania” between Brock Lesnar & Gable Steveson, according to Wrestling Observer.
- Adam Cole told TV Insider, “I personally have never heard anything regarding” WWE’s reported plan to use him as a manager. Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp said he heard from several other sources that they’d never heard that pitch among the ones discussed backstage either.
- Candice LeRae’s contract with WWE runs into 2022, a little longer than her husband Johnny Gargano’s, says Fightful Select. No time has been added for her pregnancy, as she still plans to work for as long as she possibly can.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.