Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims FOX went to WWE once word got out that CM Punk could go to AEW and offered to help sign him. Apparently WWE said his money request was too high and FOX offered to chip in to help pay for his services.
- They also say if Bray Wyatt goes to AEW, there’s talk of debuting him on the Sept. 29 episode of Dynamite in Rochester, New York.
- Sticking with the WON, they say Braun Strowman has had talks with Impact Wrestling and there is mutual interest there.
- Per the Observer, Vince McMahon was willing to let Bryan Danielson work the G1 Climax under the terms of a new WWE contract they were hoping he would sign.
- A video package promoting previously unseen footage of multiple WWE documentaries during SmackDown last week led to PW Insider speculation that documentaries could be popping up again on the Network.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.