Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, many NXT talents have been left in the dark by higher ups about the direction of the rebranding. Talent also doesn’t know who will run the show with Triple H currently out due to health reasons.
- Multiple sources told Fightful the new look for the television set at the CWC can be described as a “much scaled down version” of the main roster sets. Furthermore, one goal is for the rebranded NXT to have “more characters.”
- Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer indicated that Bryan Danielson’s deal with AEW is for three years.
- Sasha Banks was spotted in Madison Square Garden yesterday even though she once again didn’t appear on SmackDown television.
- Tony Khan told Busted Open Radio that All Out was the most successful AEW pay-per-view of all-time, with more than 200,000 buys. F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez noted this is a “low-end estimate,” and the actual buyrate will be higher when it is known in a few months.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.