Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Charlotte Flair/Nia Jax match on Monday’s Raw was exactly what it looked like, says PW Insider. A communication breakdown led to real punches and slaps being thrown. Flair & Jax got back on the same page to finish the match, and there was no trouble backstage afterwards.
- Miz was not backstage at Raw on Monday night, according to Insider. There’s no word on why he missed the show.
- NXT is being “very tight-lipped” about the upcoming NXT rebrand, according to Fightful Select. Even top talent being “kept in the dark” as to what changes are in store for the show.
- CM Punk is officially retired from MMA, reports MMA Fighting. He notified UFC of his decision and was removed from their anti-doping program testing pool earlier this year.
- It sounds like AEW is considering moving Full Gear off its announced Sat., Nov. 6 date. Competition that night is the issue. UFC has a loaded show in Madison Square Garden that night, and Canelo Alvarez is boxing in Las Vegas.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.