Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Triple H and Shawn Michaels didn’t have anything to do with the recent NXT releases and it was all Vince McMahon, Bruce Prichard, and John Laurinaitis.
- Further, he said they felt the wrestlers in NXT were too small and/or too old and they’re looking to change that moving forward, likely to match the original vision of NXT, which was a true developmental promotion.
- As for Adam Cole, Meltzer said he’s an exception and writers on the main roster have been told to come up with ideas for him. So if he re-signs, he’s likely headed for Raw or SmackDown.
- Fightful Select says they have had women on the NXT roster reach out to say they’re concerned about their future booking and who they may have to work with since John Laurinaitis was put back in his talent relations role.
- They also say there has been a noticeable shift in the talent the company is bringing in and that’s led to concern overall and a big hit to morale overall.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.