Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sports Illustrated says Bray Wyatt was off WWE television since WrestleMania 37 due to “an undisclosed physical ailment” that wasn’t related to concussions. He was medically cleared on Thursday, July 29, and then released two days later.
- According to Fightful, the end of Pete Dunne’s NXT contract is coming up soon, and they’ve heard the circumstances are “similar to that of Adam Cole’s.”
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian recently mentioned that WWE “does have their eye on a lot of these guys” who signed with AEW in 2019 and whose contracts are up soon.
- PW Insider claims that former NXT UK Women’s champion Kay Lee Ray was “seen at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando this week.”
- There is speculation that when Excalibur joins the commentary team for AEW Rampage, he’ll be leaving the Dynamite commentary team for good.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.