Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ruby Riott, who’s now going by Ruby Soho, looks to be signing with AEW. Fightful Select reported it, along with a note her non-compete should be up just before All Out.
- With COVID restrictions returning, bodyslam.net says WWE is concerned that SummerSlam may not be able to run Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas and is preparing to return to their ThunderDome set-up.
- WrestleVotes, however, says thing “remain on track” for Vegas after conversations with the city and venue.
- During his recent Talk Is Jericho interview, Malakai Black said Paul Heyman told him he had one night of control at the start of his 2019 - 2020 run as Raw Executive Director, but “after that, everything became a fight.”
- MLW has closed a deal with a streaming service that sources told PW Insider is a “big one” for the company. There’s also talk of launching a separate Azteca Underground series.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.