Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live that Ric Flair texted Vince McMahon with an ultimatum, and McMahon didn’t do what Flair wanted so the relationship ended.
- TMZ has actually gotten into the Ric Flair story, saying they were told Flair and WWE’s split “has been in the works for a while now.”
- Ringside News notes that on a recent conference call Cody Rhodes couldn’t say if he sees a spot in AEW for Bray Wyatt. The obvious speculation is he will have a spot there.
- PW Unlimited claims Adam Cole has been offered multiple contracts from WWE and turned them all down.
- Fightful Select, meanwhile, says he hasn’t been offered a new deal yet but it’s planned. Further, they say the hope was to keep the situation quiet but that obviously didn’t happen.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.