Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Due to concerns about how COVID could impact their debut in New York on Sept. 22, Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net says AEW has decided to move up Bryan Danielson’s first appearance to All Out. Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez also heard from sources that the former Daniel Bryan will debut at Sunday’s PPV.
- Bobby Lashley vs. Goldberg is planned for Crown Jewel next month, per WrestleVotes.
- While it’s not 100%, PW Insider says WWE hopes to have Sasha Banks back by the Super SmackDown taping at Madison Square Garden on Sept. 10.
- Fightful Select reports Adam Cole has not re-signed with WWE, and after his deal expired last Friday is expected to field offers from other companies.
- Insider claims WWE sent an email on Monday morning stating that Adam Cole is no longer with the company. The Observer said several of their sources who would be on the distribution list for such a memo didn’t get it, but they don’t doubt Cole is indeed done with WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.