Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ringside News claims The Rock likely won’t be at WrestleMania 38 but is almost certainly going to be wrestling at WrestleMania 39.
- There have been some advertisements indicating Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair for the SmackDown women’s championship will take place at Extreme Rules next month.
- On her Twitch, Paige claimed she is planning to come back to wrestling but wants to keep it a surprise whenever it does happen. She also said her WWE deal comes up in June 2022.
- WWE Network News notes that John Cena will be the next guest on Steve Austin’s “Broken Skull Sessions” podcast.
- A report from Ringside News claimed Jim Ross would be scaling back his commentary duties to do different work for AEW but the Wrestling Observer notes that Tony Khan said that is inaccurate.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.