Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ric Flair was frustrated with “certain booking decisions” on WWE TV and contacted Vince McMahon directly to air his complaints and ask for his release per Fightful Select. The report doesn’t specify what Flair was unhappy with, but “the booking issues he didn’t like were fairly recent.”
- Sticking with the frustration theme, WWE’s network partners are frustrated with the release of Bray Wyatt, sources told Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian. One told him it’s “really disappointing and a little scary” that top stars are being let go.
- The timing of former Talent Development Director Canyon Cemen’s departure from WWE “very much lines up” with when company executives learned Adam Cole’s contract was up, according to PW Insider. On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said “it is strongly believed” Ceman was let go over the Cole situation.
- Randy Orton was not backstage at Raw last night, says PW Insider. Jeff Hardy wasn’t there either as he’s still waiting to be cleared after his positive COVID test, and no NXT talents were brought in for Main Event or dark matches.
- Insider also notes WWE didn’t license “Cult of Personality” in perpetuity, so AEW should be able to secure the Living Colour song for CM Punk.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.