Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter says WWE are no longer scouting indie wrestling talent and are content to leave that scene to AEW. While it’s also been part of their approach, and their approach could change at any time, the current focus is on aesthetics over experience. The goal is to teach people with the “right look” how to wrestle the WWE way.
- Thursday’s Amazon live stream which featured Adam Cole & Johnny Gargano promoting Mattel’s WWE toylines was filmed two weeks ago, says PW Insider. So it doesn’t change anything about Cole’s contract status. His deal expired yesterday (Fri., Aug. 27).
- According to The Observer, last Wednesday’s Dynamite had “a weaker lineup than planned” because two wrestlers tested positive for COVID (both are fully vaccinated and weren’t showing any symptoms), 2point0’s Matt Lee wife was given the week off as his wife recently gave birth, and the change of plans regarding Gangrel.
- An Andrew Zarian tweet saying All Out will have “a few surprises” led to speculation about Bryan Danielson, Ruby Soho, and others appearing at AEW’s Sept. 5 PPV.
- Braun Strowman could be heading to Impact, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.