Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Sunday Night’s Main Event, Dave Meltzer noted that Impact is “really after” Bray Wyatt. But he reiterated his report that “people in high places” at AEW believe he’s signing with them.
- WWE sources told PW Insider they expect the company to make Adam Cole another contract offer this week.
- Regarding Pete Dunne’s similarly expiring contract, Fightful Select’s sources say WWE recently offered him an extension. There’s no word yet if Dunne’s re-signed.
- Trent Osborne of Bodyslam.Net says he “was removed from the NXT tapings” at the Capitol Wrestling Center on Tuesday night after publishing spoilers from Monday night. He was told his report violated the “no recording or picture taking” rule WWE announces at the start of the show, even though he didn’t take any video or photos. Osborne also noted no one who attends NXT is asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- After his show-stealing match with Ilja Dragunov Sunday night at TakeOver 36, Insider says there is a lot of talk backstage that WALTER needs to be on the main NXT show on a consistent basis.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.