Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ringside News claims Becky Lynch wasn’t supposed to return at SummerSlam but WWE made the call for it once they knew Sasha Banks wouldn’t be able to work the show.
- Speaking of which, Fightful says Sasha Banks wasn’t cleared for SummerSlam but WWE is hoping she will be back soon.
- Relations between WWE and 2K are “seriously strained,” per Sports Gamers Online. Issues include WWE wanting the usual pre-Survivor Series release for WWE 2K22 while the developers fought to push it to next March. There are also concerns about the game’s roster being outdated due to this year’s releases.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned there were always plans in place to do Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns but not for a long time down the road. Obviously, they moved that up.
- According to Meltzer and several fans online, WWE was confiscating Bray Wyatt signs at SummerSlam.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.