Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Tony Khan isn’t done signing big names, based on a Wrestling Observer Newsletter report: “Sources close to the promotion that would be alerted to such things also noted a new major AEW acquisition is coming on the heels of the deals for CM Punk and Bryan Danielson.”
- The WON also says NXT’s partnership with Full Sail has ended. The Capitol Wrestling Center is NXT’s long-term television home.
- Dave Meltzer also wrote about changes to the CWC, which will likely involve more light and color since WWE officials think it looks too dark on TV. The plexiglass barrier may also be removed.
- Asuka is healthy and available, according to The Observer, WWE’s just not using her. It was noted she was at last week’s Raw, but went home early when it was clear she wasn’t booked.
- In his latest Eck’s Files blog on ROHWrestling.com says two wrestlers recently released by WWE will have a match on September’s Death Before Dishonor PPV.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.