Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says WWE wanted to use Mike Tyson to do the voice-over for the opening video package at SummerSlam, but they were unable to reach a deal.
- Megan Thee Stallion is another celebrity who WWE hoped to bring in for SummerSlam, but that plan also failed, per Fightful. In this case, WWE thought it was a done deal, but they were told last weekend that it’s not happening.
- Chris Jericho mentioned on his podcast that the original name for New Day was supposed to be “Fresh Coat of Paint.”
- Insider claims Scarlett is off WWE television right now because she is not cleared.
- Fightful indicated the IIconics had interest from Impact Wrestling. They also have interest from “a new wrestling program scheduled for the fall.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.