Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, PW Insider says Vince McMahon and Bray Wyatt’s relationship “ran very hot and cold at times” and Nick Khan has been given the ability to run things more than anyone ever before and that could be why there wasn’t pushback to this move.
- Fightful Select, meanwhile, says they were told the creative team was informed Wyatt was “getting protective of his character” after what he saw were poor creative decisions and ideas but added the caveat that many members of said creative team didn’t actually talk to Wyatt himself and “weren’t sure if it was hearsay.”
- Lastly, Fightful says morale in the WWE locker room took a big hit from this and some veterans no longer feel their jobs are safe anymore.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that he was told Natalya will be back from her surgery much sooner than people think.
- He also said that not only will Hangman Page not be in the main event of All Out, he likely won’t be on the show at all.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.