Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to odds, we could be looking at multiple title changes at SummerSlam.
- WrestleVotes claims WWE has started discussions about doing “offsite events” next year with ideas including Raw on the Roof, Hammerstein Ballroom, and festival shows.
- According to PW Insider, Keith Lee has been working dark matches recently “as a way to refine” him and to figure out what “works best for him going forward.”
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that plans for the Kenny Omega vs. Andrade match changed multiple times in the lead up to it, with Andrade planned to win at multiple points, and Omega even being on board with it especially when Ric Flair showed up, but AEW didn’t want him losing so soon after dropping the Impact title to Christian.
- There is a plan in place to do The Miz & John Morrison vs. The New Day next, per Meltzer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.