Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ringside News claims John Cena and Roman Reigns went to great lengths for their segment on SmackDown last week, even avoiding each other backstage beforehand. Vince McMahon apparently loved how it turned out.
- They also claim the current plan is for CM Punk to wrestle 10-12 times per year for AEW.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Charlotte Flair missed a house show in Charlotte she was advertised for because she asked for the day off, he believed, to go to Mexico City for the AAA show to be with Andrade.
- He also said the original idea for TripleMania was that Andrade was going to beat Kenny Omega but AEW asked them to hold off on it, and that’s why the match went down the way it did.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were talks of WWE buying CMLL a few years ago but it fell through because CMLL wanted WWE to buy the buildings too and WWE didn’t want to own older arenas.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.