Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider was told the plan was always for Hangman Page to take time off ahead of his child’s birth.
- Fightful says Page was originally planned for the Pabst Blue Ribbon ad that aired during Dynamite. A disagreement between PBR and AEW stopped it from happening, and the ad that eventually aired with Matt Cardona was heavily edited to remove wrestling moves.
- According to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer, Pete Dunne’s WWE contract is coming up “in a matter of weeks.”
- Brian Mazique of Forbes heard that the gameplay in the latest build of WWE 2K22 is “fantastic,” the controls are “much cleaner,” and it feels like “a wrestling fan’s wrestling game.”
- He also said that unless the release date of the game is delayed, “a good percentage” of WWE’s recently released wrestlers will still appear in the game.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.