Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Triple H was still in charge of NXT on Tuesday night, per PW Insider. The site also noted that Pat Buck has taken on Drake Wuertz’s old job booking local & independent wrestlers for WWE shows, and Molly Holly is still working as a main roster producer on a trial basis.
- According to a report from Fightful Select, WWE’s decision to not sign Wheeler Yuta, who’s currently working in AEW, shocked several NXT talents and was seen as a clear sign the company’s hiring practices were changing.
- WrestleVotes tweeted that tensions were “running high to say the least” backstage before this week’s NXT.
- Ember Moon was pulled from her announced match on this week’s NXT because she wasn’t medically cleared, but a source to PW Insider whatever the issue is was “not serious.”
- A source close to Max Caster told us that rumors AEW suspended Caster without pay are “absolutely” not true.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.