Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select notes that they have multiple sources telling them that CM Punk has done plenty of pro wrestling training and has received glowing reviews from those he’s trained with.
- PW Insider recently indicated that WWE still hopes to re-sign Daniel Bryan but, obviously, AEW could be getting in the way of that.
- Ringside News claims they have a source who claimed there is not a huge push within WWE to keep Adam Cole.
- Current betting odds indicate a Big E cash in at SummerSlam is unlikely.
- Ringside also says AEW has suspended Max Caster for two months over his recent controversial freestyle and also claim he has to enter sensitivity training and pass that course before he can return. More on the Caster/AEW situation here.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.