Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Variety says a new John Cena movie named Argylle is scheduled to begin shooting in August in Europe. This has led to speculation that Cena might not be able to wrestle in a match at WWE SummerSlam 2021 on Aug. 21.
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian says WWE wants Brock Lesnar to “commit to live shows”. They are working on his return, which will likely occur some time after SummerSlam.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer mentioned that Aleister Black had the ability to opt out at the 30 day mark of WWE’s non-compete clause in his contract. He could have waited the full 90 days, but he instead chose to opt out 30 days after WWE released him.
- Zarian also claims that Stephanie McMahon has a meeting at the end of the month with one of the networks about their ideas for gimmick theme shows.
- WWE is expected to return to Saudi Arabia for an event before the end of the year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.