Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite his release coming just last month, PW Insider reports Aleister/Malakai Black was able to debut on Dynamite last night because of a WWE clerical error. Someone evidently forgot to update his contract from NXT’s 30 day non-compete to the main roster standard of 90 days when he was called up in 2019.
- During his appearance on Busted Open yesterday, Tony Khan said he has surprises he’s been saving until AEW got back in front of fans.
- A Ringside News source said they think WWE didn’t immediately react to Jimmy Uso’s latest DUI arrest because everyone was focused on yesterday’s Raw taping and it was “something they don’t need to deal with before they address this Friday’s Smackdown.”
- The Fightful Select report on NXT’s plans for Roderick Strong says he and the Diamond Mine playing a big role in the Cruiserweight title scene.
- Ruby Riott, now billing herself online as Ruby Soho, filed to trademark “The Runaway”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.