Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE Sources told Ringside News there are no plans for after the upcoming Draft. The focus is all on Money in the Bank and SummerSlam.
- Vince McMahon wasn’t initially a fan of the Eva Marie/Doudrop angle, but “loves the end goal” of their story and we should expect to see a lot of it on Raw, per Mike Johnson on PW Insider Elite Audio (via Heel By Nature). Johnson’s sources also say McMahon has been impressed with Piper Niven and loves the Doudrop character.
- Several AEW stars told Fightful Select they’ll join Dax Harwood in lobbying the company to sign Chad Gable as soon as he becomes a free agent. Harwood’s tweet about Gable was a joke however. The site reports Gable’s WWE contract still has a lot of time left on it.
- In addition to other nagging injuries they reported on last month, Wrestling Observer also says Kenny Omega’s been working through an athletic hernia. He recently received stem cell treatment and PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy, and is “feeling a lot better.“
- Omega tweeting about El Hijo del Vikingo used some moves associated with Omega during buzz-making AAA performance last weekend, and Kenny tweeted about one. The Observer says there were discussions about making a match between the two pre-COVID, but it will have to happen in Mexico as Vikingo doesn’t have a visa.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.