Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, WWE executives offered Zelina Vega an apology before making an offer for her to return to the company.
- They also say that Aleister Black is not back and while there has been talk within the company that his release was premature they haven’t heard of any ongoing negotiations for a return as of right now.
- There has been speculation that WWE could have surprises in store for live events to help encourage fans to buy tickets to shows.
- Fightful Select says there was hope within WWE that they could sign Moose and he would work NXT or even possibly go straight to the main roster before he ultimately decided to go back to Impact Wrestling.
- The Lex Luger documentary that was supposed to premiere on July 4 was pushed back because WWE wants to “support it with a stronger lead-in,” says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.