Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rumors got around that Brock Lesnar had signed a deal somewhere other than WWE but the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that’s not the case.
- Per the Observer, there was talk of holding NXT TakeOver 36 in Las Vegas but as of now it’s scheduled for the Performance Center.
- Fightful Select says Slapjack’s move to SmackDown happened without WWE telling him and he was only informed when other wrestlers noticed him on internal roster sheets and told him.
- Wrestling Inc says Jeff Jarrett quietly parted ways with WWE back in January but it was an amicable split. Lucha Libre Online, however, says he’s still with WWE just under a non-exclusive deal.
- Front Office Sports claims WarnerMedia’s ad sales team was trying to “mend fences with Domino’s and its agency partners” by saying the pizza cutter incident on AEW Dynamite was an unfortunate coincidence.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.