Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE management isn’t too concerned about CM Punk possibly signing with AEW, but “a certain network is not very happy” about it, per Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian. There are a lot of people in WWE who think CM Punk’s stock is down due to his UFC losses, and so they are more disappointed about Daniel Bryan potentially joining AEW.
- Zarian was told that before Jeff Hardy tested positive for COVID-19, the plan was for Karrion Kross to keep losing on Raw until Scarlett shows up.
- According to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer, it was 4 o’clock in the morning when Jon Moxley came up with idea to wrestle a “top New Japan wrestler,” and the match will likely happen on Sept. 5 at All Out.
- Meltzer also indicated that Chavo Guerrero is not the surprise that Andrade referred to last month on Dynamite. AEW didn’t originally plan for Chavo to be Andrade’s manager.
- WWE is looking at six or seven buildings they can bounce between if future COVID restrictions interrupt their touring schedule.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.