Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Becky Lynch won’t be returning anytime soon, claims Ringside News. She at least won’t be back before the next draft.
- Andrew Zarian says WWE will be doing a Queen of the Ring tournament and it’s currently slated to start the Oct. 10 episode of SmackDown.
- According to Fightful Select, Karrion Kross was originally supposed to lose to Jeff Hardy for a second week in a row before plans were changed due to Hardy testing positive for COVID-19.
- Bodyslam.net claims AEW is very worried about future shows being cancelled due to possible restrictions related to increasing COVID cases and have started conversations on what to do if that happens again.
- Some have noticed Drake Maverick revived his YouTube channel, with PW Insider speculating that he could be preparing for a post-WWE future.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.