Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider notes that Jeff Hardy was planned to wrestle Karrion Kross on Monday Night Raw this week before he was pulled from the road due to testing positive for COVID-19.
- Speaking of Kross, Andrew Zarian of Mat Men Podcast said he was told WWE has a clear direction for him and the loss to Hardy was just the start of it and it was leading into something.
- Fightful Select says wrestlers were able to get out of mandatory training at the Performance Center if they had a personal reason, and numerous wrestlers were not in attendance.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Andrade was originally meant to close Slammiversary to confront Kenny Omega but that fell through when Andrade couldn’t come to terms with Impact.
- Richard Holliday didn’t end up wrestling at MLW Battle Riot III because they shot an angle earlier in the night where he was busted open hardway and the company wanted to play it safe and send him to the hospital to check him for a concussion, per Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.