Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ringside News now claims that CM Punk actually signed a contract with AEW as of yesterday morning.
- On his Keepin’ It 100 podcast, Konnan said he asked Tony Khan about Daniel Bryan coming to AEW and Khan played coy while smiling about it. Konnan said he asked because he wants to use Bryan in AAA.
- Per the Observer, WWE has interest in bringing Braun Strowman back to the company, “especially after recent AEW signings.”
- According to PW Insider, Canyon Ceman is reportedly gone from WWE.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that in addition to Impact Wrestling, AEW is interested in signing Buddy Murphy.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.