Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source told Ringside News that CM Punk returning to pro wrestling with AEW is “a done deal” and the only thing left to do is sign the contract in person.
- Fightful was told that Ring of Honor reached out to Punk in January 2020, and the impression they got was that storylines and opponents were more important to him than the money.
- Andrew Zarian said The Rock is expected to show up at Survivor Series this year, which is tentatively scheduled to take place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The idea is to build to a WrestleMania 38 main event of The Rock vs. Roman Reigns.
- Wrestling Inc claims that WWE is planning a Queen of the Ring tournament for the main roster this year, and it will air on Peacock.
- According to BodySlam.net, Karrion Kross’ segment at the NXT taping this week was taken over by “Hardy” chants, and so they had to “reshoot the entire segment.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.