Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Daniel Bryan is “‘locked in’ and has 100% already signed a contract with AEW,” according to Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net.
- Bryan asked for and received less dates for comparable money, the ability to work in Japan, and creative input on his character, per Haynes. There are also said to be tentative plans in place for his AEW debut.
- Regarding the CM Punk/AEW report, Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer says talks have been happening between the two sides for a while but he doesn’t know where they stand.
- Per Jon Alba’s sources, NXT “is officially viewed internally as “developmental,” rather than the third brand as Paul Levesque’s team has promoted over the past few years.”
- In addition to bumping NXT to SyFy for two weeks, Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian says USA’s Olympics coverage will cause Raw to air at the same time on the East and West Coasts next week (meaning 5 pm PT instead of its usual prime time slot).
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.