Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE Shop released new merchandise for Braun Strowman yesterday. There are no reports he’s re-signed after his June release, but that’s the obvious speculation.
- Scarlett was not at Raw yesterday with Karrion Kross, per PW Insider. The site also says her name is not on the internal roster with his.
- As has become pretty obvious the past couple days, a source told WrestlingNews.co Vince McMahon is a big fan of the Nikki ASH gimmick. The superhero character is seen as a big potential merchandise mover, and a way for Nikki to do a lot of community outreach with kids.
- PW Insider was the first to report that Naomi has been moved to the SmackDown brand.
- For what it’s worth, WrestleVotes’ sources say “WWE feels like they can absolutely keep the energy & momentum created so far this past weekend and carry it all the way thru to SummerSlam.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.