Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider was told that “a few” employees from WWE headquarters were let go on July 1, and the marketing department was affected.
- Andrew Zarian heard that “talent and staff shakeups” will be more common occurrences in WWE because “it’s needed.”
- While following up on the talent releases from last week, Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer mentioned there is a movement in WWE to bring in “younger and bigger guys.”
- Meltzer confirmed that Mercedes Martinez suffered a concussion on this week’s NXT, while Fightful says Rebel suffered a dislocated kneecap on Dynamite.
- For those who are curious about the whereabouts of Bray Wyatt, it’s worth noting that The Fiend has been advertised for the Aug. 9 episode of Raw.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.