Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE didn’t stall Money in the Bank while there were issues with the Peacock stream last night because they weren’t aware of them, per PW Insider. The problem wasn’t with the feed from Fort Worth and never happened on the international WWE Network stream. It seems Peacock switched to the international feed to fix the problem.
- Dave Meltzer speculated on Observer Radio that Baron Corbin’s crowdfunding gimmick stems in part from a belief backstage at WWE that wrestlers having GoFundMe pages “cheapens wrestling”.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported Impact is expected to making a major play for Buddy Murphy. On Observer Radio, Meltzer noted that AEW is also interested in signing Murphy.
- Aiden English will start with Impact as The Drama King at their next TV tapings, according to Fightful Select. He’s expected to get a “solid push” in the upcoming mixed tag tournament.
- Sean Ross Sapp also says there will be “a lot more NWA/Impact” after Mickie James & Thunder Rosa showed up at Slammiversary.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.