Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, a backup idea WWE has discussed for WrestleMania in 2022 is The Rock & Jimmy or Jey Uso vs. Roman Reigns & Jimmy or Jey Uso in a tag team match. This would be if Rock can’t do a straight singles match due to his movie career.
- Ringside News claims WWE has yet to figure out winners for Money in the Bank, for each match on the card.
- They also say that potential surprises need to be factored in, as multiple surprises are expected for the show.
- The Observer notes we can expect the new wrestlers on Raw and SmackDown from NXT to be pushed hard right away because Vince McMahon thinks the main roster needs new faces to help sell tickets.
- NXT wrestlers Aaliyah, Xia Li, Austin Theory, and Odyssey Jones were all at SmackDown this week working dark matches, per PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.