Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins is still the plan for SummerSlam. Edge mocking Rollins on The Bump yesterday was the latest reminder.
- Last week’s Observer Newsletter reported that recent mentions of Daniel Bryan’s name on SmackDown aren’t an indication he’s coming back. On Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez mentioned that people working on WWE projects like video games have been told not to include Bryan ‘because he’s not with this company.’
- Both Meltzer and Alvarez cautioned this might not mean anything, because whatever Bryan’s plans are in WWE or elsewhere, they’re a closely held secret. “Nobody really knows what he’s doing.”
- WWE is still considering shortening Tegan Nox’s name to simply “Nox” on the main roster, says PW Insider.
- Moving Aliyah to Raw has been under consideration for about a month, according to Fightful Select. “It was said she made a good impression on officials during a scouting trip.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.