Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Looks like WWE has pushed the Draft back from the previously reported post-SummerSlam dates. Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian, says he was told Oct. 1 & 4, or Oct. 4 & 8 are the current options.
- Sources told Fightful Select WWE creative has worked on plans for Sonya Deville’s in-ring return. At one point, she was “pencilled in” to compete in Sunday’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
- The recent changes to the WWE Network/Peacock documentary schedule are “a result of changes in strategy and rollout“ after WWE merged their Advanced Media and Television departments earlier this year, says PW Insider.
- Insider also says Mia Yim and Shane Thorne will be dropping their Retribution names whenever they return to TV (R.I.P. SLAPJACK).
- Post Wrestling reports that Chris Spradlin, aka Chris Hero, was backstage at Ring of Honor Best in the World. Sources told them he was working as an agent on the show.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.