Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- As far as Jimmy Uso, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that nothing is happening within WWE regarding a punishment for his DUI arrest.
- The reasoning behind that, apparently, is that what they have planned is too important and they don’t want to screw that up. They’re building to this main event angle involving The Rock at WrestleMania next year, and Jimmy is playing a part in that.
- Paul Heyman will no longer co-host Talking Smack, with Pat McAfee acting as a permanent replacement, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- PW Insider says WWE has paused all documentary work and scheduled premieres right now.
- The Observer notes that Impact Wrestling is looking to move its television tapings to Las Vegas in front of live fans later this year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.