Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding the mandatory training sessions WWE’s holding in preparation for their return to the road, Fightful Select says several performers who’ve been off television returned to the Performance Center to take part, including Sasha Banks.
- They also note that talents who’ve recently asked for time off weren’t exempt from the trainings.
- Andrew Zarian recently provided some insight into Baron Corbin’s booking on F4WOnline’s We’re Live Pal, saying he’s “beloved” at WWE. A former writer told Zarian that Corbin is “one of the most pleasant people to work with because he will not be combative, and he works with you on stuff.”
- Shortly after news broke he’d resigned from WWE, PW Insider reports Sonjay Dutt was backstage at Dynamite last night. He’s believed to have signed on with AEW as a full-time producer.
- Video taken by Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam.net showed Rebel being helped to the back after her tag match on Dynamite. It appears she may have suffered a knee or leg injury.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.