Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Total Bellas, and it likely ending soon, has not been a factor in whatever Daniel Bryan decides to do with his career going forward.
- Ringside News claims Big E wasn’t on SmackDown this past week because Vince McMahon hasn’t decided what to do with him after Aleister Black’s release.
- If it wasn’t already clear, PW Insider notes they were told Jaxson Ryker will be a babyface going forward.
- Billy Corgan said on Talk is Jericho that NWA was offered to WWE and declined to purchase it.
- The Observer estimates that the Floyd Mayweather vs. Logan Paul fight did 600-650K buys on PPV in the US, though that doesn’t include streaming numbers or anything international.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.