Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer says that Roman Reigns vs. Rey Mysterio in a Universal championship match is currently planned for WWE Hell in a Cell on June 20.
- PW Insider says that WWE plans to ensure SummerSlam is finished in time for fans to either attend or watch the Manny Pacquiao fight taking place the same night in Las Vegas.
- Andrade met with Tony Khan back in March after he was released by WWE, says Wrestling Inc. They say those negotiations hit a snag over Andrade’s contract demands including creative control and “veto power on losing.” Obviously, they reached a compromise on that and he will “have a limited amount of creative control on his finishes.”
- BodySlam.net says Rey Fenix is currently out with a groin injury. He could be out for an additional month.
- According to Wrestlenomics, AEW Double or Nothing 2021 garnered about 115,000 buys on pay-per-view.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.