Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select says there were “significantly different” plans for Lana earlier this year before Charlotte returned. They also say Vince McMahon personally assured her that it wouldn’t be the end of the Lana character. In addition, she would often check in about her creative direction.
- Per the Observer, NXT is going to start running house shows again in July throughout Florida.
- They also say the belief is the wrestlers will be asked to get vaccinated because of where they’ll be running shows.
- Chris Jericho’s deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling ended in Jan. 2020, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Harold Meij “was negative” on the cost of the contract.
- The WON also reiterated that Molly Holly got a tryout as a Producer at WWE and added “there has been some talk about hiring women for that spot.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.