Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian was told more WWE releases are coming. These cuts will become “a regular thing” because WWE realizes the roster got bloated over the last few years.
- Wrestlenomics’ Brandon Thurston spoke with five people in the WWE investor community, and none of them think WWE’s recent budget cuts are a sign that they are preparing to sell the company.
- As far as part-timers are concerned, Zarian said to expect “all of the big names that make sense” at SummerSlam 2021. Brock Lesnar’s return to WWE was specifically cited as part of the early plans for the event, with the challenge being to find a proper story and match to justify his pay.
- PW Insider learned that the Miz TV and Beat the Clock segments with Charlotte Flair that opened this week’s Raw went about 10 minutes too long. Vince McMahon wasn’t happy about this, and it led to the order of other segments on the show being shuffled around.
- According to Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer, AEW will be taping the next three weeks of television this weekend. This is to account for all of the upcoming preemptions of Dynamite in June.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.